Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Rejection

This is Lily's "Friends Preschool" we met with this year. She really loved meeting once a week, and developed some good friendships. She has a special fondness for the little boy (an older man at 4 years old!) on her left in the red shirt, named Jack. Jack is her "best friend." A few weeks ago, she came out of his bedroom after a play session, crying a very sad cry. I could tell she was very upset, so much so that Jack's mother jumped up to go find out what Jack had done. I asked Lily to tell me what was wrong, and she sobbed "Jack doesn't want to marry me! He said he's going to marry his SISTER!" She was so upset that it took a few minutes to calm her down. I had to explain to Jack's mom that Lily's marriage proposal had been rejected, but Jack had done nothing wrong. Give it a few years, Lily. Jack will warm up to the idea soon enough! :) And his sister will "fall from her pedestal" all too soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So funny, I'm so sorry Jack was the one to reject her! Sorry we missed you on Friday. Too many hours of school volunteering that day.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!
- KC