Friday, May 14, 2010

Night of Recognition

Bethany with one of her favorite teachers, Mrs. Clarke (also happens to be a member of the church in our stake). Wonderful, amazing teacher who reminds us all of Grandma Bonnie, if she ever taught Social Studies!
Bethany (far right in brown) with her good friends from McNair Middle school. Incidentally, they too were all 4.0 gpa students. A good group of girls. She will be leaving all of them to attend Melbourne High School in the fall, because of "boundaries." She is sad to leave them, thus the picture!

I found a note in Bethany's jean's pocket yesterday afternoon, announcing that she would be receiving an award at the ceremony that night! I was so surprised that I called Kevin and we arranged to pick her up from her school, go to dinner, and attend the awards ceremony, much to her chagrin! She really resisted going; even attempted bribery! But Kevin and I stood firm. We went, all her friends were there, and I think she was surprised herself when she received 12 different recognitions!

I can only hypothesize what her proudest moment was, since she claims that she really didn't care for any of these, but I think it was receiving the Best Artist award (actual medal). I was very impressed with her "Outstanding Math Student" ribbon, since this was never attainable for me! And she got another special Outstanding Social Studies student, and the Presidential award for Outstanding Academic Achievement (4.0 GPA for 2 years). Obviously, I'm choosing to use this blog to share her successes, and she would be mortified!

No comments: